Client: Offaly County Council
Architect: McCarthy O’Hora Architects
Restoration and refurbishment of the Pugin-designed former Convent of Mercy chapel, ensuring the original features (designed 1845) were carefully preserved and restored.
This build was the subject of numerous national Building and Architectural awards, including:
- Winners of the Opus Architectural & Construction Award 2008 for Birr Civic Offices
- Commendation from the LAMA Award 2007 Best Public Building, Birr Civic Offices
- Nominated for a LAMA Award 2009 for Best Heritage Project, Birr Civic Offices